Derek Byrd has been recognized with awards and accolades throughout his career.
Below are some of the current recognition Derek has received.
- Board-certified in criminal trial law for the last 19 years
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell (highest rating)
- Recognized as a “Super Lawyer” for the past 10 years
- Listed in Best Attorneys in America for the past 20 years
- Past President of Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Statewide Chapter
- Past President of Sarasota County Bar Association
- Incoming President of Judge John M. Scheb American Inn of Court
- Past chairman of local bar Grievance Committee
- Winner of the 12th Judicial Circuit Jim Slater Professionalism Award
- Board member of Innocence Project of Florida
- Past President of Sarasota County Chapter of Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member of National Association of Criminal Defense lawyers, Sarasota County Bar Association and “Life member” of Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Rated 10.0 by AVVO, an attorney reading company (highest rating available)
Derek Byrd continues to receive awards and accolades for his outstanding work.